The Unarmed Combat Program
The Club offers a two year program in unarmed combat, broken into two one year certificate levels, Part A followed by Part B. The syllabus of each is as follows:
- Statistics, Situations, Psychology & Principles.
- Unarmed Combat Techniques – Standing.
- Identification and application of improvised weapons.
- Techniques – practice, momentum & leverage.
- Introduction to SRMS karate (ungraded students only).
- Standing & on-the-ground grappling.
- Two Man Kata: “Encyclo-A”.
- Kumite & randori training.
- Resistance training for increased strength & flexibility.
- Principles of Unarmed Combat.
- The 100 Percenters.
- Advanced grappling.
- The Karate Throws.
- Single opponents in the street.
- Multiple opponents in the street.
- Edged & other weapons in the street.
- Advanced Two Man Kata: “Encyclo-B”.
- Advanced resistance training.
The program is offered at the Clubs own centrally located rooms located at 9-11 Moyle Street (near White’s Flat), Ballarat. For ages 18+.
For further information, call Master Barry Govan on 0418-991 151